How to appreciate what you have in life
“Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude”
Sometimes we forget how to appreciate what you have in life. We only focus on our problems, and things that we don’t have, instead of being grateful for all the wonderful things that we do have and sometimes take for granted. Being in a state of gratitude on a daily basis will leave you feeling thankful, happy, and full of love and joy for the many blessings and accomplishments that you have, no matter how big or small. The things and feelings that you want the most will come to you when you focus on them, the more grateful you are the more you will receive. If you start to appreciate the little things in life, you can transform your mind into the acceptance of receiving the things that you do want, and also to feel the way that you want to feel.
“Whatever you focus on you get more of.”
Appreciation is the key to contentment; look at everything that is around you, and you may be surprised at what you may have missed. Say what you are grateful for every day, in the morning, afternoon, evening or any time of day. Tell your loved ones, family, or friends. If you are having an amazing day with someone then tell them, or the universe about how grateful you are and be thankful for the day you that are having.
There are so many things to be grateful for in our past, present, and even the future, the list is endless. They may be materialistic, people, situations, emotions, opportunities, things that didn’t seem so good at the time, but what turned into a wonderful opportunity. There are two fantastic words that can open your mind to a happier life… ‘Thank you.’
Here are just some of the things that you could be grateful for…
- The warm sun on your face.
- Something you admire about yourself.
- A talent you may have.
- How Autumn turns the trees yellow and red.
- A beautiful smile.
- The love of people around you.
- Money in the bank.
- Having a home.
- Being able to breath fresh air.
- Your own powerful mind.
An Exercise to help you to learn how to appreciate what you have in life…
- Think about the different things that you are grateful for, appreciate the little things in life.
- In your journal, your diary, or your notebook, write down three things or more that you are grateful for right now.
- Ask this question, If I didn’t have this how would that feel? For example: What about the people in your life, could you imagine your life without them? What about your qualities as a person, could you do without those?
- Do this every day wherever you are.
- Feel it in your heart.